Louisville, Mississippi
15.2K views

I bought the prepaid card, I have $40 of MY money in this *** card they refuse to activate until we send them a copy of my ss# and birth certificate. That is MY MONEY on that card, why should I have to send them information!?

I attempted to activate my card online and kept encountering problems. So, I attempted to call. They said they can't activate it under birthday and ss# because my boyfriend bought the card under his birthday. That's ridiculous.

They won't take it out of my name and place it under his because they can't change the file in the system.

now I'm out FORTY DOLLARS. F* NETSPEND

Review about: Netspend Card Activation.

Comments

#1522012

why isn't my card activated yet i fellowed the guide lines

I got my card activated put 20 dollars on it I tried to use it and it was declined and now I only have 9.an some cents left on it why is that you took my money and I got screwed

Prepaid credit card people are *** don't want to help out people that already have new prepaid credit cards they need to go to jail for doing it

This awful company needs to die. A $1 charge for using a debit card as a credit?

A $9 plan just to avoid surcharges? What a crock! I can’t believe how they’ve managed to stay in wal mart except to screw over lower income people with low perceived risk.

I am so infuriated that I ever got this as a gift card for a friend of mine. Never again will I use netspend and I’ll make sure none of my friends or family use it either.

Netspend to spend $53m in lawsuithttps://consumerist.com/2017/04/03/netspend-to-pay-53m-to-resolve-allegations-it-misled-prepaid-card-customers/index.html

I've had a card for months. I'm sure I activated it when I got it.

Just got an email yesterday that I need to activate my card or they will freeze account. Funny how the link doesn't work to activate it. Also noticed on bottom of email it says: This message is an advertisement. If you would like to opt-out of future messages, please unsubscribe using this link.Advertisement??

I'm getting my money out and filing a complaint. I heard they were bad but got it out of necessity.

Will definitely research others & get a better one. Scam artists!!!!

I’ve been wanting something for awhile, and I bought a card, underaged. The store let me buy it, not telling me I have to give my SS and I have to be over 18 to activate it.

Why is the store allowed to sell it to me if I can’t use it? I just wasted over $40.

I called, told them to close my account and send me a check. I got the operator's name, employee number, and am recording the date and time in case there are any issues.

I was told my check would be here in 3 t0 5 business days.

Good luck everyone, and thank you to whoever suggested closing the account and requesting a check! You are the best!!!

I just filed a complaint to the BBB. Maybe if enough of us do that, we can make something happen.

My son is having the same issue. They won't activate his card.

He put money on it at the store and now they want his SS#, and both my husband and I's #s too!

Why would I give some company my SS# !!!!!! No way!

I'm having the same issue ,can't activate it

I got the prepaid visa in the mail 4 days after I filed. I went to activate it and it was encountering problems.

I called the number and they told me that that card wasn't the card my deposit would go onto. I asked why they would even send it then and they said it was basically a card to transfer funds onto.. (I wasn't quite clear on this because I can never understand wtf they are saying). So after a few weeks of not receiving my REAL card in the mail I put in to be sent a new card.

That was last week. The card still has not come. I received an email stating that my deposit hit my account. I then created an online account USING THE CARD INFO THEY INITIALLY SENT ME...and it says my balance is the deposit I was supposed to receive.

I once again tried activating it and of course it won't let me....i tried calling the number on the card 50 times today from different phones and each time it says they are unable to complete the call.

One time it said there was heavy call volume and that was the reason. Idk wtf to do

Oh, my god, the same thing happened to me. Why is there even issues with activating a card? I'm so pissed too.

Just brought a Netspend Card on Sunday. Tried to activate the card today on the phone and online and both ways would not work.

On top of that, when i finally got through with someone it was a lady who barely spoke english. She told me after 5 minutes that i had to send a picture of myself with documentation of my ssc and a birth certifcate to send it into the mail and then theyd activate my card. I am so pissed off right now.

ALL of this and then they want to charge you 50 cent a minutue. I hate this card company.

Wish I wouldn't have bought this piece of caca I'm pissed af! What now!?

Am I just gone lose 80$ because y'all dumb *** people don't want to activate it!? What I'm confused is it says it's activated yet I called the number and it's says it's waiting for some papers WHAT PAPERS!

I NEED MY MONEY BACK! I can't even use it or get the money out till it's "activated"!

to Pissed af #1432569

i agree

i am trying to actvie my netspend debit visa card that i got in the mail yesterday

I hate these bastards, put 50 dollars on a card i cant *** use! they want ss card id and bc. why the *** do they want them.

NetSpend is bull****. I shouldn't have to send in my ID or something with proof of address when I JUST gave them my information. Including my SS!!

They will send you a refund check for the amount on the card. At least they told me they would be sending it to me in the next 7-10 days.