Louisville, Mississippi
12.1K views

I bought the prepaid card, I have $40 of MY money in this *** card they refuse to activate until we send them a copy of my ss# and birth certificate.That is MY MONEY on that card, why should I have to send them information!?

I attempted to activate my card online and kept encountering problems. So, I attempted to call. They said they can't activate it under birthday and ss# because my boyfriend bought the card under his birthday. That's ridiculous.

They won't take it out of my name and place it under his because they can't change the file in the system.

now I'm out FORTY DOLLARS.F* NETSPEND

Review about: Netspend Card Activation.

Comments

Oh, my god, the same thing happened to me. Why is there even issues with activating a card? I'm so pissed too.

Just brought a Netspend Card on Sunday.Tried to activate the card today on the phone and online and both ways would not work.

On top of that, when i finally got through with someone it was a lady who barely spoke english. She told me after 5 minutes that i had to send a picture of myself with documentation of my ssc and a birth certifcate to send it into the mail and then theyd activate my card. I am so pissed off right now.

ALL of this and then they want to charge you 50 cent a minutue.I hate this card company.

Wish I wouldn't have bought this piece of caca I'm pissed af!What now!?

Am I just gone lose 80$ because y'all dumb *** people don't want to activate it!? What I'm confused is it says it's activated yet I called the number and it's says it's waiting for some papers WHAT PAPERS!

I NEED MY MONEY BACK!I can't even use it or get the money out till it's "activated"!

to Pissed af #1432569

i agree

i am trying to actvie my netspend debit visa card that i got in the mail yesterday

I hate these bastards, put 50 dollars on a card i cant *** use! they want ss card id and bc. why the *** do they want them.

NetSpend is bull****. I shouldn't have to send in my ID or something with proof of address when I JUST gave them my information. Including my SS!!

They will send you a refund check for the amount on the card. At least they told me they would be sending it to me in the next 7-10 days.

WTF?? HOW ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS. FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUSINESS BUREAU LIKE ME:

Can't activate ours either. He's already set for direct deposit can we change it before he gets paid?