Netspend - Review in Cards category from Gilmanton, New Hampshire
I have had a HORRIBLE experience with this product, the NETSPEND PREPAID VISA DEBIT.It is the perfect scam...
They make it as difficult as possible to activate (oh that's a 10% fee) in addition to charging you with fees over everything. Fee to talk to a representative, 1$ fee everytime you TRY to spend the card- whether it works or not. EVEN WHEN YOU ARE ON THE PHONE WITH THE COMPANY at the register AND THEY TELL YOU TO TRY AGAIN. Each failed attempt, they had a DIFFERENT REASON & a different a ft balance.
Finally, after 45 minutes tying up a register- because it was the mere principal of the situation that the company was STEALING my money with its scams. The NETSPEND rep ON THE PHONE SAYS "Try another merchant" the very unhelpful foreign speaking representative told me that. My reply? NO, I won't.
My daughter was gifted this card and she wants to purchase THESE items with her money. Besides, WHY I would try another merchant- you would charge me another $1 for the failed transaction and cause me another phone call and agitation of another cashier as they hold up their business and the line gets longer because this product is a SCAM.
Finally, a "high up manager" of netspend- informed me that the card THAT READ AS PRINTED ON expired 02/19 - she said The funds were EXPIRED. Apparently, You have to use it in 120 days time from the date you activate it?!?!!!
Federal law says there is no expiration to GIFT CARD money. See attached. BBB is being notified- whether I receive my $22 refund check or not.
I imagine there are a whole slew of people losing money to this faulty product by way of frustration and fees every minute of every day.
- NOT IMPRESSED WITH NETSPEND
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Netspend Prepaid Debit Card Visa
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On July 08, 2016, I went and withdrew 40.00 from my rushcard in Ducanville TX, after that I went to get a haircut in Lancaster TX, after that I went..."
- "Please look at the uploaded documents so that you can see what I'm talking about. I do not understand why "The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" closed their files on..."
- "On July 23, 2016, I filed a dispute with Netspend against Time Warner Cable for a service I did not receive. On August 9th, I followed up with Netspend to..."
- "Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom. A groomer took her..."
- "As a community college student, clearly I'm not swimming in money; I'm TRYING to complete a simple 2 year degree at a community college to go to a University so..."
- "We had Rhymes replace two very old oil tanks on 7/10/15. All seemed fine. The cost was $3000.00. Twenty days later, the central air conditioning unit in the house isn't..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- "Total scam the kit does not cost $39.95 like is advertised (I attached picture) you are billed $123.84 for the kit. In 3 payments of $39.95..Then if you don't cancel..."