I have had a HORRIBLE experience with this product, the NETSPEND PREPAID VISA DEBIT.It is the perfect scam...
They make it as difficult as possible to activate (oh that's a 10% fee) in addition to charging you with fees over everything. Fee to talk to a representative, 1$ fee everytime you TRY to spend the card- whether it works or not. EVEN WHEN YOU ARE ON THE PHONE WITH THE COMPANY at the register AND THEY TELL YOU TO TRY AGAIN. Each failed attempt, they had a DIFFERENT REASON & a different a ft balance.
Finally, after 45 minutes tying up a register- because it was the mere principal of the situation that the company was STEALING my money with its scams. The NETSPEND rep ON THE PHONE SAYS "Try another merchant" the very unhelpful foreign speaking representative told me that. My reply? NO, I won't.
My daughter was gifted this card and she wants to purchase THESE items with her money. Besides, WHY I would try another merchant- you would charge me another $1 for the failed transaction and cause me another phone call and agitation of another cashier as they hold up their business and the line gets longer because this product is a SCAM.
Finally, a "high up manager" of netspend- informed me that the card THAT READ AS PRINTED ON expired 02/19 - she said The funds were EXPIRED. Apparently, You have to use it in 120 days time from the date you activate it?!?!!!
Federal law says there is no expiration to GIFT CARD money. See attached. BBB is being notified- whether I receive my $22 refund check or not.
I imagine there are a whole slew of people losing money to this faulty product by way of frustration and fees every minute of every day.
- NOT IMPRESSED WITH NETSPEND
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Netspend Prepaid Debit Card Visa
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Vanilla MasterCard in the amount of $200.00 on Dec 1st,2015. My receipt states the activated amount to be $200.00 however when i tried to use it I..."
- "I had a charge of $4.33 on my account. I called Netspend to get details about the purchase. The rep told me he can block my card. I specifically told..."
- "I found out from someone that he had been charged an interest fee twice one for the balance owed plus interest on top of that interest.They did this on a..."
- "We had Rhymes replace two very old oil tanks on 7/10/15. All seemed fine. The cost was $3000.00. Twenty days later, the central air conditioning unit in the house isn't..."
- "We purchased an expensive chair less than 5 years ago from ETHAN ALLEN. They encouraged us to purchase the GUARDSMAN WARRANTY that would enable us to get any stains..."
- "As a community college student, clearly I'm not swimming in money; I'm TRYING to complete a simple 2 year degree at a community college to go to a University so..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."