Netspend - Review in Cards category from Gilmanton, New Hampshire

101 of 774 Netspend reviews

I have had a HORRIBLE experience with this product, the NETSPEND PREPAID VISA DEBIT.It is the perfect scam...

They make it as difficult as possible to activate (oh that's a 10% fee) in addition to charging you with fees over everything. Fee to talk to a representative, 1$ fee everytime you TRY to spend the card- whether it works or not. EVEN WHEN YOU ARE ON THE PHONE WITH THE COMPANY at the register AND THEY TELL YOU TO TRY AGAIN. Each failed attempt, they had a DIFFERENT REASON & a different a ft balance.

Finally, after 45 minutes tying up a register- because it was the mere principal of the situation that the company was STEALING my money with its scams. The NETSPEND rep ON THE PHONE SAYS "Try another merchant" the very unhelpful foreign speaking representative told me that. My reply? NO, I won't.

My daughter was gifted this card and she wants to purchase THESE items with her money. Besides, WHY I would try another merchant- you would charge me another $1 for the failed transaction and cause me another phone call and agitation of another cashier as they hold up their business and the line gets longer because this product is a SCAM.

Finally, a "high up manager" of netspend- informed me that the card THAT READ AS PRINTED ON expired 02/19 - she said The funds were EXPIRED. Apparently, You have to use it in 120 days time from the date you activate it?!?!!!

Federal law says there is no expiration to GIFT CARD money. See attached. BBB is being notified- whether I receive my $22 refund check or not.

I imagine there are a whole slew of people losing money to this faulty product by way of frustration and fees every minute of every day.

- NOT IMPRESSED WITH NETSPEND

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Netspend Prepaid Debit Card Visa
Review category
Cards
review #870178

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Netspend? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
101 of 774 Netspend reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Eric

Jun 22 #1176495 Concord, New Hampshire, United States

I couldn't have stated it any better. The same thing has happened to me , and on more than one occasion... This company is a thief... more people need to call the Better Business Bureau .... maybe a class action law suit can be brought against these thieves !!!!!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.