I've had my NetSpend account for well over 2 years now.My direct deposit from work goes into this account as well as my tax refund deposit.
I recently decided to try their Refer A Friend program and I referred my Fiance. He lost his job back in June so every little bit counts in our household. We followed all of the directions that were required in the process but we never received the referral fee. That wasn't even my main problem though.
My main problem is the extreme lack of customer service I received. They told lie after lie even when I gave them the proof of EVERYTHING! Whenever I asked to speak with a manager or supervisor they would say their manager/supervisor wasn't available OR say "ok" and put me on hold FOREVER! Then there were those who would lie and say "the money will be in your account in an hour or less" which never happened.
There was even a guy who said "the reason why the referral fee wasn't given is because he HAD (keyword) an account with us that was opened in 2012" sayint the account was not inactive, LIE! He even went on to say a fake email account that my Fiance NEVER had, and it sounded ridiculous. I read policies whenever I sign up for ANYTHING and even if he had a Netspend account before he had not had one within the past 180 days per NetSpend Refer A Friend policy, "No rewards credited to either party if referred individual had a NetSpend card that was used for a value load, purchase, cash withdrawal, or incurred a balance inquiry fee at any time during the 180 calendar days before the day the $40.00 load requirement is fully met." However, he had NEVER had a NetSpend account prior to this and if he did, why would it allow him to go through all the steps in the referral process? That's something that would be a flaw on NetSpend's end, not mine nor his.
No one wanted to credit our accounts, they told us that an escalation takes up to 2 busniess days for a response. Some conversations, when they got tired of me or him, they would ask us for the referral code and say "we reset your referral code, you will get the money in 2 business days" another LIE! We were told so many different things that it blew my mind! We would talk to one customer service rep and tell them how we were unhappy with the previous rep and they would turn around and do the exact same thing!
For a customer who's been with the company for over 2 years, where's the loyalty? Where's the respect? And you expect me to refer individuals to your business when I can't even get respect as an existing customer? That to me is beyond disappointment..
I'm frustrated! I was at work calling NetSpend for about 4 hours straight, being put on hold, arguing, fussing with individuals that should have assisted me as best as they could! I was about to give up until I saw the MetaBank Logo on the bottom of their website. I clicked it and called their customer service number.
The woman told me to call NetSpend so I told her that no one was helping me and she asked me what was wrong. At this point I didn't want to fuss or argue, I was worn out and I explained everything to her. She reached out to a manager and told them what I told her. About a half hour later, I got an Unknown phone call (I'm guessing because they don't want anyone to contact them) and the issue was finally resolved.
I should not have to go through that. I am very upset, my fiance was even more upset for me. This took 4 hours out of my office time at work to try to get resolved, this means I have to work late...
Thanks a lot NetSpend..And believe me, I will share this until you put forth some type of new customer service regulations!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- How i was treated as a loyal customer for well over 2 years
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- I want compensation for the time I spent at work fussing and arguing with their customer service representatives over something I had proof for
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Netspend Refer A Friend Program
- Netspend Refer A Friend Referral Program
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On November 19, 2015, I purchased two First Class, round trip tickets from Boston to Rome on Alitalia using the Capital One Rewards Travel website. The tickets were purchased..."
- "I found out from someone that he had been charged an interest fee twice one for the balance owed plus interest on top of that interest.They did this on a..."
- "This the email stating actual and true facts and I did offer to provide to them actual documented proof from physicians. I am now convinced that even the executives do..."
- "My Sony Xperia which is real piece of work stopped working, no one could clearly hear me, the sound was garbled. After taking the phone to CPR (Cell phone repair)..."
- "For the last 10 years I have had a Pfister kitchen faucet. Very happy with the way it looks and the way it workED. One day, 3 weeks ago, the..."
- "I was told by my periodontist that as soon as the technology for implants improved I should get them and I did for my whole mouth. And it was..."
- "Hi, My Order was Declined but it was already paid! I ordered an item from lazada which is "ZJ - 5802LD Mini Portable Android Bluetooth 2.0 58mm Thermal Receipt Printer..."
- "At 1210 EDT on 12/10/2016 at the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen located at 12218 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170; They refused to honor the advertised deal in their window '10 PCS..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."