Purchased $500 NetSpend Reload Card from Walgreens but No Money on the Card

457 of 774 Netspend reviews

I purchased a NetSpend reload card from Walgreens on July 15, 2014. When I tried to upload the money to my card, I got a text alert saying that my card had been blocked due to suspicious activiity, and that I needed to call NetSpend to remove the block. When I called NetSpend, I was told that the card showed "not purchased" and I could either go back to Walgreens and have them swipe the card again, or email my receipt and the number on the back of the card to documents@netspend.com and wait 10 business days for them to do an investigation.

I went back to Walgreens and they said that once the card is sold, there's nothing they can do. So, I spent the next two days on the phone with NetSpend customer service agents trying to get some resolution quicker than 10 business days for a $500 transaction. I was given the runaround, left on hold for over an hour several times, told that they don't have a corporate office that I could contact, and was basically told I would have to continue waiting for them to do their investigation.

I emailed the requested documents to NetSpend on July 18th, and waited 10 business days with no response. I contacted them on August 2nd, and was told that the matter was still under review and I would have to wait an additional 5 days. It has now been 21 days (15 business days), and I still have not received a refund or response from Walgreens or NetSpend.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Reload Card
Review category
Cards
review #519722 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Netspend? Submit review ›
Helpful? 9 Yes 9 2 No 2
Had the same issue 26 Yes 26
457 of 774 Netspend reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 19 #1215300

All i can tell you to do is call help me howard on that ... Keep your receipt and call log , showing how many times you have called and save that card ... Please contact them asap ..

0 0 Reply

Jun 13, 2015 #994820

I think all the loadable cards do this, its a scam and there should be a class action suit, i can never use my walmart credit/debit card again because greendot sent a complaint from a cvs that my 75 year old parents didnt pay for a reload card and consequently they sent me the numbers from that card and i somehow inexplicably was able to load 150 dollars on the card , yeah right, that would be impossible not mention i dont think my church going kind respectable parents hatched a plan to bilk greendot out of money. Walmart has banned me for life now as far as a prepaid card not to mention the card they shut down had about 500 dollars on it, nothing i can do about it and the pakastani girl i always seem to get when i call doesn't care. These companies are criminal.

6 0 Reply
safeway anonymous

Feb 18, 2015 #947384 Portland, Oregon, United States

same thing happening with me! $500 reload card - poof - into thin air! Just gone past 10 business day wall now looks like 20 more "business" days for us lazy morons to cut you a check and send it via mail. I believe it could be easier to just deposit the 500 in my account like I tried to do in the first place! I don't think it'll happen!

Jul 21, 2015 #1010357

I was told that my card had suspicious activities, & I asked the NetSpend overseas rep *what suspicious activities are noted in the report*. When there's a suspicious activity they have to have the reason that caused that suspicious act in the first place and she couldn't come up with an answer. I knew I wasn't getting my $80 back so I kept on catching her in less & then ii told her I recorded r everything & thaw I was gonna ef that whole staff for being thieves & knowingly lying & manipulating a BS scenario to their advantage. All in all I don't have anymore problems, but I always deposit my money straight into the card, not a top up. They're low but the routing number comes in handy & it doesn't get any easier when it comes to paying my other credit cards.

Jan 26, 2015 #936744 Brooklyn, New York, United States

Its funny I am going through the exact same situation with the two companies at this current time, only $100 less....I've been waiting 11 business days & still waiting for responses, I have been calling constantly & still no one has an answer. I find it to be truly unprofessional on how they handle matters such as this, it says to me that they don't have any concern about their customers funding. For yourself its been about 6 months already, were you able to resolve the issue?

NetSpend2013

Sep 26, 2014 #875735

We apologize for the problems you have experienced with your recent reload pack.
We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to assist you with this. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us at ttps://www.netspend.com/help or by calling Customer Service at 1-86-NetSpend (1-866-387-7363).
NetSpend

0 13 Reply
U WRONG

Oct 06, 2014 #880618

You really need to stop scamming people out of their money THATS WRONG. YOU GUYS ARE THIEVES. AND THE CONPANY SHOULD GET SHUT DOWN. YOU GUYS ARE SENDING PEOPLE FAKE MESSAGES THAT ARE FROM A SCRIPT AND YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. YOUR WOKERS GOT ATTITUDES FOR ONE AND THEY KNOW THEY ARE STEALING MONEY.

10 0 Reply

Jan 15, 2015 #931633

Is this an Automated Reply or are you kicking him / her while they're down? All you have to say is call the same people that they've been calling? Customer Service at it's best.

3 1 Reply
namelessnobody11

Mar 15, 2015 #958670 Los Angeles, California, United States

Truly genius suggestion. Why didn't he/she think of that I wonder..
Yea, why don't you keep on calling the same horrifying customer disservice department, dear dumb consumer, why? Do that for the next year and a half and you'll be where I am at: BY THE MAILBOX, STILL WAITING FOR THAT REFUND CHECK FROM NOVEMBER 2013! "I can feeeeel it, this time its coming."
LOL. You are a joke, put some smarter bot behind the keyboard! You certainly can afford it, use some of the money you stole from me.
Then choke on the rest.

0 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.