I purchased a NetSpend reload card from Walgreens on July 15, 2014. When I tried to upload the money to my card, I got a text alert saying that my card had been blocked due to suspicious activiity, and that I needed to call NetSpend to remove the block. When I called NetSpend, I was told that the card showed "not purchased" and I could either go back to Walgreens and have them swipe the card again, or email my receipt and the number on the back of the card to firstname.lastname@example.org and wait 10 business days for them to do an investigation.
I went back to Walgreens and they said that once the card is sold, there's nothing they can do. So, I spent the next two days on the phone with NetSpend customer service agents trying to get some resolution quicker than 10 business days for a $500 transaction. I was given the runaround, left on hold for over an hour several times, told that they don't have a corporate office that I could contact, and was basically told I would have to continue waiting for them to do their investigation.
I emailed the requested documents to NetSpend on July 18th, and waited 10 business days with no response. I contacted them on August 2nd, and was told that the matter was still under review and I would have to wait an additional 5 days. It has now been 21 days (15 business days), and I still have not received a refund or response from Walgreens or NetSpend.
Monetary Loss: $500.