Netspend - Overdraft charge

600 of 849 Netspend reviews

I am so frustrated! I have been a customer of NetSpend for at least 10 years and in the past few months I have had nothing but trouble. Deposits not getting into my account, then getting charged late fees (they eventually take them off) But this one is totally nuts:

We see that the 65.89 transaction caused the overdraft fee on your account. This transaction occurred on 10/06 at 1:26pm. We see that you loaded your card the next day at 1:29pm.

Unfortunately, the negative balance was recovered just a few minutes after the 24 hour grace period.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
600 of 849 Netspend reviews

Oct 27, 2016 #1232759 Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Netspend overdraft 38 now my balance 68 cause yes I did overdraft twice my 24hr isn't up so what im asking is do i pay the 68 or the 38 the 68 is from the 2 $15 charges they added

Ree Ree

Feb 10, 2014 #783864 Birmingham, Alabama, United States

What's so strange is that is a prepaid service and not a legitimate checking account. I was told that I had 10 active accounts with negative balances on each one. It is their job to defect fraulent activities by comparing information from fraudulent cards and comparing against the legitimate information on file. Then even took down my web page so I won't gain access to my accounts that was linked over the year when I had reported cards lost or stolen.
How on earth can I have negative balances when this is not a legitimate checking institution. They won't cooperate with me when I asked for monthly statements to be sent to me so I hired an attorney today to look into this for me. The attorney told me that either they cooperate with him or they will anser to the Federal Reserve Consumer Agency in D.c.

NetSpend2013

Oct 09, 2013 #727213

We understand your concern regarding the overdraft fee assessed on your account.

Overdraft Protection is an expensive service and we recommend using this as little as possible. Unfortunately, because it was already after the 24 hour grace period, you were charged the overdraft fee.

We will send you more information on this through your online account center.

NetSpend

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Netspend. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Netspend.
Filing a new complaint about
×