Why does VISA associated with this terrible company?I thought I was buying a reliable rechargeable card to give to my kids.

They can't use it because they are under 18. Ok. So the card isn't activated right? So I can put my information in and still use the $100.

but no I can't because it's associated with my daughters SS number and she isn't 18. and the circle continues to loop. So we can change that to a gift card and she can use the $100 so I can't do that because it's under her SS so have her call. She calls and they say, drum roll please, it's not activated, so have your mother call.

They're not open so I go online and I can't do anything. Oh and did I mention that to activate the card they want you to send them a copy of your birth certificate.

And yes it probably is stated in there policies but those policies are in a packet you see after you have bought the card and opened the package not before.Terrible absolutely crazy.

This person wrote the review because of not as described of netspend prepaid card from Netspend. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Netspend to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Netspend for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments

Bossier City, Louisiana, United States #1153729

I am currently going thru this same bs myself!Bought 4 of these cards and loaded each with $100 for each of my teens.

Both my 19 & 17 yr olds activated there's with minimal issues, but my 14 couldn't get his activated online so I call in to do it for him & these scumbags want everything but drop of blood to activate this thing! Birth certificate, SSN #s, and drivers license...then I get an email back that the want mooooore info! Now I gotta resend my son's bc & send in proof of address!

Unbelievable!What was your outcome with them if you don't mind me asking?