purchased card to shop online . we were told we could use card with faxing photo id. the reason

is homeland security. was put on line with a non us person demanding info. that i was not willing to give to a stranger. why do they get away with this *** while using a visa logo?we may have just lost 55 dollars to some loud woman by the name of "georgina"hope they soon get busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope no one buy this company's card unless you just want to give money to some NON US criminals.a really pissed person hehein america

'"

Product or Service Mentioned: Netspend Prepaid Card.

Comments

Those *** bastards, I just brought a card the other day and needed to get it activated. I called them, giving all the information needed.

Then, they come out and say that our system isn't working at the moment and cannot verify anything. So they tell me they need a copy of my Social seceruity, ID and a utlity bill... I'm not *** I aint going through all that ***!

:( I know what they're trying to do which is still info and take money

Well *** NETSPEND!! I HOPE IT BURNS DOWN AND GETS SHUT DOWN FOREVER!!

I am having this same exact issue. They refuse to activate the card and keep putting me through loops. This is really bothersome as I have put a large amount in the account.

We apologize for the problems you have experienced. Like other financial companies, we are required by our bank, as well as MasterCard and Visa associations, to be compliant with AML (Anti-Money Laundering) and BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) laws. Both laws require that all financial institutions verify the identity of each account holder. To do this, we may request your ID information.

Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will assist you. Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope the problems you have experienced will not bear any reflection on our company and the services we provide.

NetSpend