My daughter wanted to make an online purchase so I went to the nearby Family Dollar and purchased a reloadable Netspend card for 2.95..I put 20$ of my own money on this card.When I got home and tried to use the automated system 2 activate this card I was sent to customer service where a lady told me that my information could not be verified over the phone I would need to send in a copy of my SSN card and drivers license and once they receive it and verify the information they would activate the card within 6 days!!!

All that to spend my own 20$!!!! Thats just ***!!! After I refused to do that I was told that they would activate it right away on the condition that it could not be used for on-line purchases or at the atm..only for in store purchase and it would not be reloadable!! I had no other choice but to accept that because they were not getting a copy of my ssn card!

They don't have to worry about reloading O would never ever buy another netspend card and highly recommend for nobody else!!The requests they make to spend money that the consumer added themselves is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Netspend. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Netspend to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Netspend netspend reload card for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments