2.4K views

The reason I say aided is because they could have stopped these fraudulent charges while they were still pending but said it wasnt there policy even though the agreed that they were fraudulent charges. A so called company named SWISS CLEAR GLOBAL out of Singapore had charged our card 6 different times within one day with the total adding up to $419.83.

We caught this wrongful activity the same day that it took place. I checked this place out online and there was no contact info. It didnt even look like a proper business site what so ever.

The supervisor at Netspend refused to give us the corporate number but I did end up finding it along with a law enforcement number for that site.

It didnt matter though I was unable to get an answer from either number. We left mulitiple messages and finally recieved a call back from corporate. And they said it would take atleast 90 days to have anything done since it was overseas. I have read other complaints and this has been told to some of their other customers with identical stories to mine.

They never recieved there money after those 90 days.

What is the point of having pending transactions if you see fraudulent activity and report it and they agree that it is fraudulent and still hand the money over to the thieves. It makes them look like the thieves! Maybe they are!?

Sure seems that way to me. I am not going to rest untill we get our money back! I will contact a lawyer, journalists and many news stations here in the USA. GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK!

I am a very pissed of American! ATTN: DONT EVER USE NETSPEND!

Review about: Netspend Prepaid Card.

Comments

Please share your phone numbers. I also am having trouble getting in touch with someone besides customer service to get my problem resolved.

Savannah, Georgia, United States #1303106

I am having the same problem with them now they have been holding over $200.00 for a month with their ***!!!! I have spoken to 31 people total including 2 supposed to have been supervisor's and they gave the same dumb *** speech...

but I am going to call them everyday until I get my money. I am writing a letter to the Better business bureau, copy Dateline and 48 hours they love to jump on these stories

Detroit, Michigan, United States #1261147

I'm going through this now, except it's not fraudulent charges, it was a cancelled walmart order and NETSPEND REFUSES TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. It's been 12 days for an amount of $422.94 and they act like that's petty cash! Frustrated beyond repair

They are some full of *** as people send me 2 checks to the wrong address in one month been waiting one whole month and half ***net spend and they bull *** *** company ***it's bill time Xmas time excuse my language Lord because it's all good please I advise for no one to deal with them

.?????

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1243820

Hey I am suing too for 251.00 dollars as pending for 2 weeks that they refuse to put back in my account please stay away from NetSpend cards they do not protect your money very horrible supervisors and customer service just get legal council

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1237484

I thought Netspend was great but after a local gas station took 1000.00 for a 1.00 soda by mistake and netspend sat on there hands and did nothing to help or the owners of the station. It took the New Station calling and putting on the News to get my money back.And it was my widow pension from my deceased husbands veterans benifits. Netspend is no good they dont care about you only the

From 2011 i been trying to deal and here it is 2016 and still on the same bull *** to all views net spend anywhere is no good at all

Orlando, Florida, United States #1227452

Call or email metabank the bank sponsoring netspend and complain and request for your credit either way because they r FDIC insured. Corporate wouldnt help either and they been doing it to me.

Garden Grove, California, United States #1225993

I'm pissed as well they are robbing me

Currently, I have an on going dispute. This company feels, since the dispute is over 60 days, they are not liable.

The FDIC, states they are suppose to send statements. Once the statement is received, then the consumers had 60 days, to dispute.

No statement, nut in still disputing. I sent in proof of the fraudulent charges and they still dont want to give my money back.

HI, my name is Sarah and I've read your article and would love if you could share those numbers with me. I too am have Seaver issues with this company!

About 12 hundred dollars worth.

My email is exavia12@gmail.com if you could kindly send me that info. Thanks in advance.

My name is Charles Trease and i had over $1000 stolen from my incometax and they refused to give me the money that was stolen after the investigation. If anybody has a phone number i can contact corporate or law enforcement regarding this, please find me on Facebook and notify me with a number i can contact someone in management. Thank you

I'm pissed off about similar issues. I just wanted to find out how I go about prosecuting the actual person that cloned my card & spent $203.78 at toys R us.

But as you said they refused to give me the corporate number as well & also refused to tell me how they were returning my money if no one was at fault to be charged for it. I won't rest until everyone knows that netspend should not be trusted at all.

I am I FL and something similar I was charged 92.00 and went thru all the hoops just to hear netspend/brinks tell me I will not be getting my money back. I am filing a lawsuit

Kaneki

This is what there Term and condition says it might help you if you willing to contact a lawyer

INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE ERRORS

In case of errors or questions about your Card Account, telephone us at 1-86- NETSPEND/1-866-387-7363, write to us at NetSpend, P.O. Box 2136, Austin, TX 78768- 2136, or email us at customerservice@netspend.com as soon as you can, if you think an error has occurred in your Card Account.

We must allow you to report an error until sixty (60) days after the earlier of the date you electronically access your Card Account, if the error could be viewed in your electronic history, or the date we sent the FIRST written history on which the error appeared. You may request a written history of your transactions at any time by calling us at 1-86-NETSPEND/1-866-387-7363 or writing to us at NetSpend, P.O. Box 2136, Austin, TX 78768-2136. You will need to tell us: 1.

Your name and Card Number. 2. Why you believe there is an error, and the dollar amount involved. 3.

Approximately when the error took place. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate your complaint or question.

If we decide to do this, we will credit your Card Account within ten (10) business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your Card Account. For errors involving new Card Accounts, POS transactions, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to ninety (90) days to investigate your complaint or question. For new Card Accounts, we may take up to twenty (20) business days to credit your Card Account for the amount you think is in error.

We will tell you the results within three (3) business days after completing the investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation.

You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation. If you need more information about our error-resolution procedures, call us at 1-86-NETSPEND/1-866-387-7363 or visit netspend.com.

I am a victim of fraud and have been told over and over that it takes 10 business days for credit analyst to get back to me. I just need to know whether they are going to credit me or not.

And still today that I would be contacted within 3 business days. Can I please have the corporate business phone number if somebody has it?

Kaneki
to Zil #942456

Hello ZIL the corporate number is (512) 532-8200,but they are open Monday -Friday from 8am to 5pm eastern time

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #935025

Ive had simalar incident. Netspend has people that cant even speak english...i had a bal with netspend but lost card. I tried on many occasions to resolve but they never could give me my card infor.nor would they send me bal of where to take care of this matter....im tired of trying..that they have locked me out of on line use so theres no possible way of resolving....so they can stay with bal.an the loss of another client.

Someone in Paris used my card to purchase an airline flight using my Netspend card. I'm not sure how they got my card information.

Anyways, I contacted Netspend while the charges were pending. The rep reversed the charges, and cancelled my card. However, because I didn't have a new card, the charges ended up going through and my money was stolen. I am in the process of getting my funds back!!

I have sent countless emails, faxes, etc. Netspend told me if I continue to send them emails, they would be forced to block my personal email address. *** that! I'm going to continue to send them emails until I get refunded.

It seems to me that Netspend is more concerned with protecting the merchants, rather their customers. When and if I get my money back, I'm going to close my account IMMEDIATELY and deal with a real bank only.

Please people, stay away from Netspend!

Greenville, South Carolina, United States #699053

NetSpend is the worst company that I have ever done business with. They were told about a charge that was made by someone else with a card made with my number, they have the call center from India selling the card numbers.

It took me 3 hours on hold to have them tell me they couldn't stop a charge going through again after they were told it was fraudulent. They said they couldn't stop it because they didn't have the software to do that, but every other card company has it. They also tried to say that someone in my house used it, when no one in my house even knew the card existed. They will tell you when you ask to speak to someone in America they just transfer you to someone else in India.

This will be the last I will ever use this card. My best advice to everyone that has a card with them is to close the account and go some where else.