Additional Fees
Interest Rate

Update by user Feb 12, 2016

Ongoing, Account is still closed and I am still locked out. I currently have an attorney working on the matter as NetSpend has exhibited many questionable practices in my case.

Original review posted by user Jan 13, 2016

I had unauthorized charges through iTunes and Facebook and contacted Netspend for support as I was not able to get a refund for these unauthorized charges due to the app billing them without my knowledge.

I put in the claim to the dispute department half a month went by and suddenly all three Netspend accounts that I have were closed for my dispute on the one account that had unauthorized charges.

They said it was due to fraudulent claims and for my security that they will have to close out all of my accounts. And that I was no longer qualified to be a NetSpend customer.

I was just getting read a script by their rude outsourced representatives. Not to mention this happened after I was charged my unreimbursed monthly fees for their services in which they refused to refund after blatantly closing my account to no fault of my own and making me wait for replacement card that was never going to arrive which had to be ordered twice.

I can't get through to anyone that doesn't just read a scripted response repeating the exact same thing not even an opportunity to appeal the situation.

Not only am I out the money that was charged in an unauthorized fashion but my direct deposit which was linked is now in limbo and I can't get an accurate answer from the representatives. The people that made this decision are in a department that is unable to be reached over the phone.

As a consumer this is very frustrating it's tying up my paying my bills on time and annoying in not being able to speak to anybody.

Institutions like this should be regulated based on how they treat their customers especially when their money which they rely on is involved.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of netspend prepaid card. Netspend needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned netspend prepaid card in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Netspend.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments