I received a prepaid card as a Christmas gift- although nice- it has been such a headache.First- they want personal information which they absolutely DO NOT NEED!

They have been paid the $30 so why the need my social is beyond me (and the patriot act line they tried to feed me is a ridiculous and in no manner applies). Finally, they agree to activate the card but only for in store purchases. So when I went to spend the whopping $30 it was declined. Thinking it was never really activated I left it be.

Well, after finding it again a month later I again called and asked that they activate the card only to find out it was activated but now the balance is 24.05... Went to spend the 24.05 the next day and still declined. Apparently I was charged another $0.50 for an "inquiry balance". This is so frustrating and I'm about to just throw the card away despite the fact it has $35.55 remaining.

I will be filing a formal complaint about this company.

I feel sorry for anyone who uses this card on a regular basis.It's such a scam.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of netspend prepaid card from Netspend. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Netspend to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Netspend for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments