Channelview, Texas

I purchased a netspend card at a truck stop as I'm a long distance driver.I deposited 200.00 dollars onto this card at the cashier then went to my truck and begin to activate.

I was then told I needed to provide more documentation to prove my residence. Why? It's a PREPAID CARD!! Since I'm in my truck I had very limited documentation and it's Saturday.

But I did have a bill from a visa card with my address on it though it was from October and I took a picture and sent to them that along with my ss card and my commercial cdl license. It was Sunday before I get a response telling me the visa document want good because it needed to be within the last 30 days!! The only reason I purchased this card to begin with was to send my WIFE money for her birthday overseas so I was going to send her a Moneygram using this debit card. So, I returned home on Monday and took a picture of my auto registration, my state issued handicap placard receipt and my employer to employee payroll sheet all of which has my name and address on it.

Now it's Monday night at 10 pm and about 3 hours ago I got another email from them saying my documents aren't good enough!! All I can do is laugh at this absurdity. It looks like they are a scam company. I've sent back a message and told them I've sent all the documents I'm going to send and to either activate the card or refund my money immediately.

So of course I'm sure it will be Tuesday before I hear from them.My advice do not purchase this debit card you may have to hire an attorney to get your money back!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Netspend. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Netspend.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cards category for more informed decision or compare Netspend to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments

NetSpend2013

We regret to hear that you are having problems getting your account activated. Please email us at feedback@netspend.com and we will look into this right away.

NetSpend