Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I received a Netspend prepaid gift card as a birthday present.You can't just go out and use the card right away like most other gift cards-- you have to call the number on the back of the card to activate it --then they ask you for a very personal information like Social Security number, birthday address ,phone number , and name.

When you tell them you just want to use the money the gift giver loaded on the card-- they tell you you have to give them the personal information in order to use the card-- I REFUSED to give them my SS# and other personal information (which they share with other marketers). I had to call them three different times to get them to just activate my gift card. Then when I did use the card they deducted $1 for each transaction! I was told it would be a limited use card (use in person at stores) since I would not provide the personal information.

However they did not tell that I would be charged $1 for every transaction (deducted from the gift money). The person who bought the gift card already paid an activation fee and on top of that their gift money gets deducted on each transaction.

Hideous business to deal with and horribly aggravating to try and use a gift card someone purchased for you as a birthday gift!!DONT BUY SOMEONE A NETSPEND GIFT unless you don't like them!!!!!!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Netspend. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Netspend.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cards category for more informed decision or compare Netspend to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments