1.9
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I bought a Netspend card at CVS and loaded it with $130, for the sole purpose of paying an online bill THAT DAY (couldn't access my usual checking account/debit card).First I tried activating it online but the site was down, so I called the number instead...

after punching in all the required info, it then says I'm being transferred to customer service. So "Bob" (or whatever his fake name was) asks a bunch of questions, which I answer and have to spell out multiple times. After all that, Bob informs me that my "security check" or something was rejected, and I'd have to verify everything (by fax or mail?) before the card could be unlocked. I explain there's no time for that, since I only got the card for paying this ONE bill ASAP.

I asked if they could just cancel it, then, and I'd go return it to CVS - but no, that would take 10 days to get my money back. And mind you, this was almost ALL the money I had until payday! Anyway, I'm not a pushover or ***, so I just kept saying "that's not acceptable" and asking for a manager. Finally Bob says to hold on, and I hear chit-chat in the background; he then comes back and says "Congratulations, your security was approved and the card is now unlocked.

Thank you." What kind of game were they trying to play? Is there a daily fee they were hoping to collect, in the time it would've taken me to send that info? Or is there identity theft going on?

Very fishy either way, so I'll be shredding this card once I empty it.Buyers beware!

Review about: Netspend Prepaid Card Activation.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments

NetSpend2013

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about your experience but are happy to hear you have access to your funds.

Should you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact social@netspend.com.

Best,

Netspend

Dallas, Texas, United States #1303280

Just use the card without atraching ur ssn to it.If ur using it one time and dont need the card with ur name on it , youre good to go..

you can still attach a zip code as well.

Hope it works

Next time get a gift card , not a prepaid credit card.