Netspend Premier Debit Card Review from Longview, Texas

129 of 774 Netspend reviews

Update added by user May 31

I received full refund on the 10th business day following the theft/disputed transactions, after sending in 20 pages of documentation and police reports at my expense.I am just thankful that I received the refund at all,as others have been waiting 45, 90+ days.

I also still have huge concerns about the security of customer's funds, and will not be doing further business with NetSpend. I recommended using the cards for online shopping and only keeping a small amount on the card, or an amount you can afford to lose at any time.

Someone on social security or that has their only income being deposited to this card could find themselves in a terrible bind.Thanks NetSpend for keeping your word and returning my funds according to your terms and conditions.

Original review posted by user May 01

I opted to use NetSpend Premier Debit Cards to receive my rax refund through TurboTax.I finally received it on April 19th, 2016.

My husband was sent a primary card holder and added me on the account as a secondary, a requirement of the IRS to receive the refund. The day after receiving the card, I received a text alert that my secondary card was reported stolen. I called the company and was told someone called in and said it was stolen. They claim they had all the info needed to verify.

Both cards and pins and all online passwords were locked up safely and even my husband did not have access yet. These theifs left the primary account open. I explain to the rep neither of us called in at all. All she said she could do was issue a new card to me.

I was charged .50 balance inquiry for asking if our money was secure. While on the phone with the company, I went to the ATM while there was still over $1460 on the card to at least try to get the $320 limit. As the ATM is saying "insufficient funds", I receive two texts, three minutes apart, saying there had been a $500 and a $955 person to person transfer in another state sent to another state The rep put me on hold and says the money had already been withdrawn. I filed a dispute, sent in a statement and police report.

I have been refused a provisional credit and it could take 45 days just to tell me they will not give my money back.They charged me a ATM decline fee and an overdraft.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Bad Customer Service
Review category
Cards
review #839686 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Netspend? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
129 of 774 Netspend reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
WillNotGiveUp_WantMyMoney

May 31 #1166740

After submitting two police reports and communicating with NetSpend through the online secure inbox feature and several phone calls, the entire amount stolen from my account was credited back in full. I received an apology from the company. Although I will not be doing any further business with the company, mainly because I am using a local credit union, I do have to give them credit that I was refunded on the exact 10th business day following the disputed transactions.

0 0 Reply

May 03 #1153534

Call the CEO Chuck Harris at 512-532-8200 x8225

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Netspend. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Netspend.
Filing a new complaint about
×