Update added by user May 31, 2016
I received full refund on the 10th business day following the theft/disputed transactions, after sending in 20 pages of documentation and police reports at my expense.I am just thankful that I received the refund at all,as others have been waiting 45, 90+ days.
I also still have huge concerns about the security of customer's funds, and will not be doing further business with NetSpend. I recommended using the cards for online shopping and only keeping a small amount on the card, or an amount you can afford to lose at any time.
Someone on social security or that has their only income being deposited to this card could find themselves in a terrible bind.Thanks NetSpend for keeping your word and returning my funds according to your terms and conditions.
Original review posted by user May 01, 2016
I opted to use NetSpend Premier Debit Cards to receive my rax refund through TurboTax.I finally received it on April 19th, 2016.
My husband was sent a primary card holder and added me on the account as a secondary, a requirement of the IRS to receive the refund. The day after receiving the card, I received a text alert that my secondary card was reported stolen. I called the company and was told someone called in and said it was stolen. They claim they had all the info needed to verify.
Both cards and pins and all online passwords were locked up safely and even my husband did not have access yet. These theifs left the primary account open. I explain to the rep neither of us called in at all. All she said she could do was issue a new card to me.
I was charged .50 balance inquiry for asking if our money was secure. While on the phone with the company, I went to the ATM while there was still over $1460 on the card to at least try to get the $320 limit. As the ATM is saying "insufficient funds", I receive two texts, three minutes apart, saying there had been a $500 and a $955 person to person transfer in another state sent to another state The rep put me on hold and says the money had already been withdrawn. I filed a dispute, sent in a statement and police report.
I have been refused a provisional credit and it could take 45 days just to tell me they will not give my money back.They charged me a ATM decline fee and an overdraft.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor security
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I found out from someone that he had been charged an interest fee twice one for the balance owed plus interest on top of that interest.They did this on a..."
- "This the email stating actual and true facts and I did offer to provide to them actual documented proof from physicians. I am now convinced that even the executives do..."
- "This store along with several other stores or companies uses "Synchrony Bank" which is the new name for GE Money GE Capital Retail Money Bank GE Capital Retail Bank for..."
- "I was emailing and talking on comments with this girl @Tifflatowski92 and she convinced me to trade her my louis vuitton favorite pm for her louis vuitton favorite mm and..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "I ordered a pizza 40 min later it arrives. Photo below. My kids took slices before I looked at it. This pizza was extremely BURNT. I called the place immediately..."
- "No communication. No 10% off as promised. No confirmation on item paid for. Stole my money. No merchandise. Wrote endless emails to contact endless phone calls. Automatic system with codes..."