So I also just experienced my first and absolutely last introduction to Netspend.At least 3 hours of my life I will never get back.

I loaded a lousy $35 on a new card followed by several hours trying to get it activated and figure out what the heck was going on along with the countless error messages I received along the way. To find out they want SS and my ID along with proof of address? for $35? I say HA!

Anyhow finally convinced, and I do mean convinced, them to activate it on temporary basis or something like that. I suppose I can only use my pre loaded money on 'In store purchases'. Super irritated but o well I guess.

Small sacrifice to pay in order to avoid sending this flaky, corrupt company my most personal info.....Beware, next they will be asking for your dental records along with all the B.S they already require...

Review about: Netspend Prepaid Card Activation.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments

NetSpend2013

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about the experience you have had with our identification process. Since we are a banking alternative, we are required to validate the identity of everyone who chooses to open an account.

As these reviews are anonymous, can you please forward this review along with some account information to social@netspend.com? This will enable us to locate your account and assist you.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best,