I have had my netspend card for over 3 years with direct deposit.

At the end of May I went to Miami to visit my mother who was in ICU with a terminal illness.

While on my visit there I used my card at a well known restaurant to pay for the bill. Two weeks go by and all is well and my check gets deposited into the account on a Friday. That Sunday I go to use my card and find out that someone has drained all of the money out of my account. I contacted Netspend right away and did everything they asked me to do.

I faxed them the dispute letter, police report as well as a notarized affidavit. They told me I had to wait 10 days for resolution. Today I get a letter stating that they are returning all of my money except for 50.00 for each claim. They made me file 2 claims because not all of the charges had cleared in my account.

So they are keeping a total of 100.00. When I called the number to dispute this I get told by the lady who can barely speak english that there is a 50.00 liability and that I need to be more responsible with my card. So in essence I was stolen from twice.. once from the thieves who stole my card info and second from netspend.

I in no way violated their terms and conditions. I didn't leave my card somewhere irresponsibly and I didn't give my pin number to anyone and I did report it within 2 days of when the card was compromised. I also did everything they asked me to do and sent them all the requested documents. I was told over an hour ago that I would get a call back from a manager..

but realistically don't really believe they will be calling back. I will be presenting all of my documents to my attorney tomorrow and this is definitely not he last they will hear of me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Netspend Account.

Comments

Roseville, California, United States #952162

Where do you get this unauthorized use affidavit . Netspend allowed a hacker (I believe is an employee) to steal close to two thousand dollars from me.

Being a single mother of two in my early 20's it is very hard to live with someone stealing money I need to feed my kids with. I'm trying to get my money back!

sagacity50

PHEW IT SMELLS IN HERE

SNIFF

OH GO AWAY NETSPEND1

WE DONT NEED YOUR CORPORATE BLAH BLAH BS

YOU GUYS OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE ANY IRATE CUSTOMERS WAITING ON THE PHONES FOR YOU TO RIP THEM OFF

Most states do not force you to chosoe where to take your vehicle for repairs If you use the ones your insurance companies recommend they are usually guaranteed work at 100%. If you chosoe another shop ANY!!!!

errors or problems will be your responsibility. Most companies also require they insurance adjusters to look at your vehicle PRIOR to any work being performed so they know what is done before any repairs and that is normal and standard procedure. This is in your best interest as well. so it is preferred you let your company and their company look at the vehicle..estimates are just that an estimate one company may have better parts equipment software and can find cheaper local parts another may have older software and their parts have to be shipped which cost nmore and change the values of the two estimates, so estimates are usually never the same .ONCE work is performed their may also be hidden damages..this can be a cracked bumper absorner that one couldn't see visibly so the estimate may increase..THIS IS OK if it is determined to be accident related..FYI***THERE IS A HUGE RISK IN USING SHOPS YOU CHOOSE UNLESS YOU PERSONALLY KNOW THEIR WORK *Insurance companies pay people to research and monitor body shops who they place on their lists, in most states it is illegal to get any amount of the shops profits..they are partnerred with trust and confidence and recommendations..if a shop has angry customers reviews, service and work they are quickly and easily removed because other shops WANT to be in connection with free recomendation and customers** If you go to a shop who owes back taxes it is your responsibility to ask, because the govmnt will take their back taxes due amount from any work performed by that shop If the company that you chosoe disagree's with the bill they can hold your vehicle until their pymnt is made and won't care if you are in the middle..If you chosoe your own shop and they pait your maroon car red is some areas it is your responsibility to get it corrected.

It is not worth the risk. I ALWAYS use their shop because they have to fix the damages and return you to a rental if it is something their shop did wrong If you use your chosoen shop good luck..sorry so long

We are very sorry to hear about the unauthorized transactions on your account. We understand that situations like this can be very stressful and frustrating.

We are happy to hear that most of the money was returned to your account. If all of the transactions should have been included in one dispute claim, we should be able to take care of this for your. Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will look into this.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope the problems you have experienced will not bear any reflection on our company and the services we provide.

NetSpend