On Dec. 26th, there was a person to person transfer from my Netspend to someone who I do not know in the amount of $718.81 (a Jessica Girbat). from what I know about Person to Person transfers, you need to know the card number to which you are transfering money. Doesn't matter, Netspend seems to think I transferred this money. I put the dispute in on that date.

On 12/26/12, I went down to an ATM machine to withdraw the rest of my money since I was scared of losing anymore money. Well, the machine did not dispense the $300 I requested, but it's out of my Netspend account. I went into KeyBank and they told me I had to dispute it with MY bank, but that they would do an audit at end of business day and it should be resolved by Monday 12/31/12.

Currently, there is a $23.77 pending charge on my card that I also did not authorize.

I have since told my employer to not deposit any more money into this account. I have spend hours on hold with Netspend and when I finally do get somone, they are reading from script and do not understand me.

I'm out over $1000 and that's pretty much my entire paycheck. I was told ten days..but now after reading this, I fear I will never see my money.

I filed a dispute with the Federal Reserve.

Good luck everyone. I will update once I have an update.

Product or Service Mentioned: Netspend Debit Card.

Comments

Cleveland, Ohio, United States #591026

I've already sent my information in!! *** that netspend doesn't realize I already did this. Arggggggggg

Cleveland, Ohio, United States #591024

Wow. BS Netspend.

You most certainly are not doing all you can. You can post here but not answer calls before you keep people on hold for hours. I still received not one response as to how my card was tampered. I'm still out $300 and I still have unauthorized pending charges on my card.

I filed a dispute with Ohio Attorney General and the Fed Reserve. Even all the banking lawyers I work with are stymied at how you get away with what you do.

Whatever.

Austin, Texas, United States #590839

We are very sorry to hear about the unauthorized transactions made on your account and with the problem you experienced at the ATM.

We can assure you that we will do everything we can to get this money returned. Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will look into this for you.

We hope the problems you have experienced will not bear any reflection on our company and the services we provide.

NetSpend

Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States #589453

Netspend is the worse they lie about disputes n protection of your money