This is all that I have had to deal with for a week now. I am tired and pissed beyond belief with this pathetic company. This is the email I have sent out to every possible email address this company provides.

I have a complaint to file with you. On Saturday December 22nd 2012 there was a Netspend card purchased and the amount of $320 added to this card. During the activation of the card, customer service gave false information regarding the expiration date. Once this card was used to pay an electricity bill, the transaction was declined, due to an incorrect expiration date. For the past week there have been numerous calls made between Netspend, Chase Bank and myself. During this time I was lead to believe that the fault lied with Chase Bank for not voiding the transaction or releasing the funds back to Netspend. During a 3way call between, myself, Netspend and Chase Bank, Chase Bank then clarified that funds were never received in the first place due to the transaction being declined. Netspend is responsible for the problem I am dealing with. Netspend is refusing to relinquish the funds back to the card until they receive a written notice from Chase Bank that they have voided all transactions. They can't void a transaction that was not made. Netspend has informed me that I will have to wait 30 days for MY money to be put back on to the Netspend card. My electric company has also informed me that if I do no pay my bill by Wednesday January 2nd 2013 they will shut off my electricity. Mind you, I have 3 kids that are in need of a heater during the winter and I cannot afford to have my electricity shut off. I have spoken with several customer service agents throughout all of your departments and still have not found a solution to the problem that was caused by your company. Each supervisor that I have spoken to has repeatedly told me that I need a letter. I have sent them an email from Chase Bank stating that the transaction was declined and apparently that isn't enough. I only have a few days to get this problem solved before I am without electricity. I do not feel as though my family should suffer because of a mistake made on your company part. I've been told their are no other options and this is absurd I am asking that this be handled in a timely fashion as I am on a tight schedule.

As you can see I am in between a rock and hard place. I will NEVER, repeat, NEVER again use this card company. I am filing a civil complaint against them as well as anything else I can do to get the word out that this company is fraudulent!

Product or Service Mentioned: Netspend Card Activation.

Comments

NetSpend
Austin, Texas, United States #587779

We are very sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with the pending transaction on your account.

We are glad to see that this has already been taken care of. We can assure you that we will address the staff you spoke with, as this should have been resolved much sooner.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope the problems you have experienced will not bear any reflection on our company and the services we provide.

NetSpend