I tried to send money to my daughter's Netspend (cash card) account.My money was taken, but I received an error message saying I had to call a phone number and provide a reference number, which was displayed on the screen.

Bear in mind, I had already set up a debit card on Netspend's (https://netspend.ecustomersupport.com/NetSpendWebUI) web page, which had previously worked fine. I was on hold about ten minutes, then an operator with the sniffles answered. I told her what happened and provided the reference number. She said she needed me to spell my first and last name.

I did so. She said she needed my address, which I provided. She said she needed my phone number, which I provided. She said she needed further personal information, and I told her to cancel the transaction.

Netspend already had all the information they needed to process the transaction, which in fact they had already done by taking the money from my account. But they refused to send the money to my daughter until I answered a slew of unnecessary questions. I told the rep to cancel the transaction and inform her superiors that I would never use Netspend again.

I am still awaiting my refund.It only takes them a nanosecond to take your money, but you have to wait a lot longer for refunds.

=

Review about: Netspend Debit Card.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments