I purchased a Netspend card to use primarily to transfer money to friends who periodically need money. The lady at ACE told me I could use it right away for that purpose.

I tried and was unsuccessful. So I called Netspend. The did the customary non caring "I am sorry" routine and said that if I registered it on line, it would be fine but that she would do a courtesy transfer and not charge me $4.95. She did not say I could not use a temporary card to do a transfer, so I went the next day and put another $70 plus $3.00 to load the card and went to register on line.

It would not let me register, so I called Netspend again. Twenty minutes later, I was transferred to a supervisor, Max who said that I should have read all of the 'agreement' and if he transferred it for me without charge, the FBI would investigate me. Then I told him to put it on one of my other cards where I had transferred before and he said he could not do that for free either. If the dummy at ACE and the dummy at Netspend had told me that I couldn't transfer with a temporary card, I would never have put more money on it.

In the end, it cost me $3.00 to load and $4.95 to transfer to my card for $70.00. It is obvious they only care about the fees and have no intention of satisfying you as a customer. I would try any of the other top ten (available on google) prepaid debit cards out there before these greedy jerks!

They obviously have no problem making mistakes and not taking care of the customer when they do.

Review about: Netspend Customer Care.

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #747586

yes that's him MAX loves stealing your money....he's most likely getting a commission for every dollar he procures in the name of the Patriot act(farce) or as on my log in info there " money laundering" what the ***?

I am having an issue with my direct deposit and I have been dealing with this for six hours and no resolution. I am so pissed i have several accounts that I will be closing and will never in my life use this company again. All my bills probably bounced back.

We apologize for the poor service you received from our representatives. We would like to assist you with your concern and also address the people you have spoken with. Please send your information to feedback@netspend.com and we will work with you to find a good resolution.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We do hope the problems you have experienced will not bear any reflection on our company and the services we provide.

If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or call customer service at 1-86-NetSpend (1-866-387-7363).

NetSpend Corp.