Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I don't use giftcards as a general rule but when I was given a going away party I receieved a basket of gift cards and it had a netspend card in it along with others.The card is set to expire on 07/2017 it was a gift in a basket with a lot of others and since it doesn't expire till 2017 we were in no hurry to use it.

We just let the basket sit. I pulled it out today and went online to activate it and was referred to a call number. I called the number and she said the card expired in March. I told her no it says right on the card that it doesn't expire until July on 2017.

She said she could see that it still had a balance on it and all but that since we didn't activate it fast enough we couldn't have the money. Then she offered to sell me another card and told me I could put money on that one and use it. I asked her why she thought I would want to give her more money when they'd already stolen all the money that was on it and she said well I see but that's the way it is. I just hung up.

This is why I never use gift cards.They're just one big rip off.

This reviewer shared experience about "expiration date not honored" and wants this business to "i want to warn others of rip off style small print policies". The author is overall dissatisfied with Netspend. The most disappointing about prepaid card from Netspend was early termination of card Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Netspend.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cards category for more informed decision or compare Netspend to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments

AshlyandAllen

Call consumer fraud legal service 800-568-0430

They will get your money if possible. They work on contingency