On 12-19-2011 my account was initially compromised from an ESSO ON THE RUN Independistrito Nacidous for 104.44 right a way called there customer service number to dispute the transaction and was told that I would be charged 50 cent for inquiring about a charge. In the process of arguing with the representative who I was trying to explain that I was not calling to inquire about a charge but was calling to dispute a charge, another charge for another 103.13 came through my account.

To make matters worse the is from a gas station that is not in America and I have never been outside of the country nor have my netspend card. In fact I never lost my card it was on me at the time of the purchases and continues to be in my possession. The first thing I was told was to try to resolve it with the merchant well Netspend does not have any information on the merchant other than there name so there is no way for me to contact the merchant. Now I am being told that It could take up to 90 days to receive my money back.

If they really had fraud detection then these transactions would have never been approved because I have never done any foreign transactions and more than likely never will. Here it is Christmas I don't know what I am going to do!!!!

Somebody should stop these people from being able to promote that they are secure and they have fraud detection!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Netspend Prepaid Card.

Comments

IBSI

Hello "Anonymous".

I know that it can be frustrating when someone uses your card number without authorization. The dispute process is quite simple. Got to NETSPEND.COM, login to your account and select the option HELP. You will find the link to file your dispute in that section. But since it seems like your card was cloned (likely when using an ATM that was tampered with) you should also request a new card to be issued and cancel the one you have.

I've been a Netspend customer since the year 2006 and I'm very happy with their service. They are a great company.