Netspend advertise recieve your tax refund on to your card.Great right!

Not exactly so I did just that my refund was only $4,600. As soon as the money came to my card netspend froze my account that I have had since 2004. They said they need to verify who I am. So I faxed them in my DL, ss card, and a utility bill.

I waited the six hours called back they said my info checked out but, risk management closed my account anyways. After fighting with them for 3 days they said they were sending my money back to the IRS it should take about 20 business days. So not only did they send my refund back but, they sent the IRS the balance that was in my account also. IRS said it will take 6-8 weeks after they recieve it to process it out again.

But, they said they will only accept the amount of my refund and send the remainding balance back to netspend.DO NOT USE THEM AT ALL FRAUD IS ALL i HAVE TO SAY!

Review about: Netspend Account.

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments

#519036

I hate netspend.They are a complete rip off.

And if you run into issues, you cannot even talk to a customer service representative.

This is the only card where I see that there is a fee for everything.Stay away and save your hard earned money.

to Akhil #1055020

Akhil ~ If they ripped you off, go to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and file a complaint.You will get your money back, plus the BBB will be made aware of the NetSpend Fraud.

I did and it paid off.

Not only am I getting all of my money back, but I received an apology online!

Go to http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/prepaid-debit-credit-cards/netspend-corporation-in-austin-tx-53229/complaints

There you will see HUNDREDS of complaints filed against NetSpend.

If you have lost money, due to NetSpend, then this is one SURE way to get your money back!

Ms.Carol

Auburn, CA

Utica, Kentucky, United States #444771

Netspend is fraudulent.The representativs have been taught to be evasive and even lie to people just to get them off the telephone.

In canceled 7 netspend accounts for family members today, and we have been cardholders for 6+ years. I have to tell the truth I not only cussed out the rep but the supervisor also because I don't play when it comes to my hard earned money. I was told to fax the same items over 8 times in three days and these bastards still sent the money to who knows where. Totally disgusted, please there are other debit card companies out there, rushcard, insight, etc.

take your business elsewhere if possible, please let me know if there is going to be a class action lawsuit for illegal practises and wasting consumers time and money.:(

I am so glad that I read these complaints concerning NetSpend.They gave me the wrong account number for my tax refund deposit, so my refund hopefully will not go to them.

It is supposed to be returned to the IRS. I have spent over three days trying to contact NetSpend. The customer service does not get you in contact with anyone and can not find a live person to talk to, even after searching for a contact number on-line.

When I do finally get through, no one can help me with my situation and they are very evasive.I do not trust Net Spend and I WILL NEVER DEPOSIT ANY MONEY ON THIS CARD EVER AGAIN!!!

I wished I had read reviews about netspend before having my tax refund debited onto the card.I called to talk with a customer service rep.

after reading the above comment. The rep stated that I would'nt have to fax documents as long as the name on the check matched the name on the account. When I called back the next day to ask additional questions and verify what I was told the previous day, I was told the information was wrong. I would have to fax documents proving who I am including a document stating the amount I would be receiving.

I asked if I could fax the documents in advance and was told I could'nt. This seems very shady that I cannot fax these documents in advance since it takes 8 hours to process the papers. Netspend does not explain this on their website. They make it seem like all you have to do is give your account and routing number to the IRS and everything is ok.

It is far from ok when a company is trying to intentionally hold on to your money. I hope after I fax these papers, my money is released instead of being sent back to the IRS. Netspend does not provide ways to contact any higher ups. Nor do they provide you ways with how to get your money off the card.

They only promote on the website how to put money on the card.

This further seems SHADY.I will be reporting them to the BBB and whoever else I can.

to Anonymous #1055026

Hi ~ If they ripped you off, go to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and file a complaint.You will get your money back, plus the BBB will be made aware of the NetSpend Fraud.

I did and it paid off.

Not only am I getting all of my money back, but I received an apology online!

There you will see HUNDREDS of complaints filed against NetSpend.

Ms.Carol