I have a netspend card and now the system is down

i was trying to use my card and i have money on it but now it says transaction can not be made.

tried to call and it is down tried online and system down does anyone know how i can get my money or find out what the *** is going on.

i have also tried to call the office in Texas and says system down.

wtf is going on i have tried every thing and nothing is working cant use MY money that is on the card and am very very pissed off with the company. need my cash i guess if this doesn't clear up there may be many cases of a lawsuit coming up quick for this company.

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 06 #1208860 Trenton, New Jersey

I smell lot of lawsuits coming you cant just play with peoples money like this and say when they can access it.

Sep 06 #1208857 Trenton, New Jersey

Unbelievable they choose the day after labor day what a *** joke

Sep 06 #1208817 Ridgeland, Mississippi

And it's down again. Need to get my $ out to give to repo man to keep them from taking my ride and they have no means of getting my cash out. So I guess it's go to jail for shooting the report man .

Sep 06 #1208814

I went to pay off my apt today to move in next week. And I couldn't get my money, very pissed the *** off and I possibly might loose it if I can't get my money by tomorrow morning. Call and all circuits are busy

Danceingman

Sep 06 #1208686

It is now 2016 and I am having the same freaking problem. Been with them over 15 years but in the last year things have gotten worse. Plan on calling several large financial institutions Netspend is affiliated with to voice my complaint. I'm done with these people.

1 0 Reply
pissed at netspend

Sep 25, 2013 #721760 Lawrenceville, Georgia

I usually get my direct deposit at the same time every pay period. Its almost seven and its still not there. There incompetent staff says the same thing but I know the problem is with them. I saw my checkstub so it should be there. Im so pissed. :cry

moemoe

Sep 25, 2013 #721720

aha kill switch your still cute tho :)

Kill switch

Sep 25, 2013 #721717

I went for a *** enlargement surgery the doc cut my *** off and found out that my card didn't clear so he stopes surgery and left my *** off now I only have half of a *** so let's blame it all on netspend and cry like a lil b i t c h :cry

pissed off mark

Aug 07, 2012 #525655

They don't have a working phone line and the *** answering service is not there. I filled a formal complaint with the State of Texas (Austin) of this conserning ongoing problem.
Yes there should be a class law suit.
I will look for an alternate card aond get out of this train wreck...

retaluv

Feb 01, 2012 #420532

okay so im trying to get in touch with netspend..and ive been on hold for 10 mins..the web site is down..i dont know what to do

Jenna

Apr 08, 2011 #271445

well i can see by all the comments this happens a lot i have had a net spend card for almost four years this just happed to me last week took 5 hours for there systems to come back up nw just last night my son is 6years old and has autism i needed somethings for him but my card would not work and could not get a hold of anyone i think this is bs it took almost the whole night for there systems to come back up they should have to answer there phones alest

Sean

Jan 29, 2010 #109511

It doesn't cost them anything! When the system is down they make plenty of money because people have to call in for their balances. They charge a fee when you call with an inquiry so it's good business for the site to go down. And no, there's not an excuse for it. Mission critical networks don't go down. EVER! Hospitals and banks across the globe manage this all day every day. I'm closing my account. I've had it!

Tim

Dec 12, 2009 #94410

My family lives out of town and we wanted to rent a car on Thanksgiving since our car recently had been having problems. I called Enterprise rental car company because they offered to pick us up and take us into the office to rent a vehicle. It was already a hassle with all of their pprwrk and processing. I thought however, that we were finally ready to go and gave them my Netspend card for payment, to which my check was deposited that morning. Imagine my surprise when the card was declined! I asked them to run it again, and apparently they have to wait 24hrs before using the same card! I find out that Netspend's system was down and because of this, I had no way to drive home for Thanksgiving. I have appreciated Netspend to this point, but it always seems to go down at the most inconvenient times. I even had to walk back home from Enterprise, what a horrible experience.

Not All Bad

Dec 01, 2009 #91073

Their system was down for only a few hours. This can happen with any company and I am sure you have all had this happen in some way or another. I was glad that they worked promptly to get the system back up because I am sure there were not that many people working on Thanksgiving Eve. I am happy with NetSpend and have not had any problems before this.

ANK

Nov 30, 2009 #90907

I JUST RETURNED AN ITEM THE I HAD BOUGHT AND IT WAS REFUNDED INTO MY CARD, AT FIRST THE REGISTER WAS SAYING ERROR BUT THE CASHIER SAID THE MAYBE WAS HER REGISTER AND NOW I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEND EXACTLY. DID THE $$ GO BACK TO MY CARD OR ITS ON THE AIR

Angry!!!

Nov 30, 2009 #90869

After going through it with them this whole year (never sent personalized card, TOOK money out of my account), I've had it! I JUST recieved my personalized card today, after almost a whole year! They returned the money to my account, but now I can't even activate my card to get it. Their whole business policy is built around giving you no options to contest.

shawn

Nov 30, 2009 #90850

i been tryin to access the account im waiting on my direct deposit its telling me the systems down wtf its my money i want it im sure ill go through *** if this problems not resolved i think we should be paid for the issue but ofcourse nothing happends to *** like this its our fault for trusting this ***

julia

Nov 25, 2009 #89970

mine 2 i am pissed

another upset customer

Nov 25, 2009 #89969

I was at at retailer getting ready to make a purchase and my card would not go through. Thinking it was an error, I went to an ATM, my card would not go through either, I called the company same experience as Pissed...I could not get through to anyone, just got disconnected. Tried to access my account via the web and its like Netspend disappeared off the face of the planet. What is going on...I can't access my funds and cant talk to anyone! HELP

1-20 of 25 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.