1. Written by Shawn in Ma on July 13, 2011

This exact same thing happened to me!! On July 6th 700 in charges were made. I called immediately and was under assumption that the investigation would begin and it be 10 days. Well I called today to find status and was told the dispute wasn't started yet!! Now I find out it could take 90 days. A friend in Nj said that she heard on radio about this. I mentioned to Netspend about this and they denied it.

This is an outrage. They are lying and now I'm out 700 for possibly 90 days!!

I am contacting Bbb.

Comments

I have been a netspend member for over 3 yrs. Never had a problem until now.

I just checked my account, and have 3 unauthorized transactions, totaling over 600.00 dollars. I was also told the chargescould not be disputed until the debits clear.

After reading some of these comments, I'm worried. My entire paychk has been depleated!

adapt3

The same thing happened to me on Friday. When I called they said they couldn't do anything until the transaction cleared my acct. In the meantime another transaction was hitting my acct.

Yes I did. Telling me it could take 45-90 days to get my money back.

did you file a dispute form?

#320130

Udate

Netspend refuses to credit me because all the transactions were overseas. I have filed a complaint with BBB and they havent heard the last of me. NO FRAUD detection at all!