1.1
Additional Fees

My mother passed away last year. January 2018 her house was sold and the proceeds divided 4 ways. I took $5,000.00 of my inheritance and deposited into my Netspend card. The end of May 2018 they asked for proof of where the cash came from. I did not save any paperwork because once I cashed the check I had no tax liability so no need to keep a copy of the check from my mothers estate.

Netspend closed my account without warning and I had no access to my funds. I was pretty mad as I worked a 12 hour day and had no way to buy lunch.

After giving them more information the compliance department on June 15, 2018 sent me an e-mail saying I had satisfied their request and my account was reopened, ready to use and any further deposits would go in as normal.

Today is June 20th, my payroll check was due to be deposited today. I worked a 12 hour day again and when I went to buy dinner my card was rejected. I called Netspend to inquire what was going on and once again they told me my account was closed, nothing they could do and they sent my deposit back to my company. Seriously after telling me 5 days ago my account was fine and open. I don't know what the heck they are pulling. They once again left me hanging with no food and no funds. They will send me a new card in 3 business days and to call my company and have them resend the deposit. They say this won't happen again. I been burned twice. I don't trust them not to do this again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Netspend Account.

Comments