Columbus, Ohio
9.7K views 20 comments

I'm extremely pissed.I filed my taxes through turbo tax, and chose the option of having my tax return deposited to my pre paid card from this company.

As soon as my card arrived in the mail, I attempted to activate it. For some "MYSTERIOUS" reason, my account locked up, blocking me from having access to my own money. I called customer service, and oh those reps are just pathetic and useless. They could barely speak clear English!

They said it happened for security reasons. I say what should I do? They instructed me to send in my documents i.e SS card, state I.D, W-2 form, to verify who I am and proof of residency. So I did exactly that.

I called back the next day, and they told me they didn't see my residential address on my w-2 form when it was clearly on their in like 5 different spots. And they wanted to see a date on it, but my w-2 form doesn't have a date located on it. So they told me to resend it, once again. Hopefully they won't give me the run around again next time I call up there.

JUST ACTIVATE MY *** ACCOUNT ALREADY!!!! My patience is running thin. I followed their instructions and now they're just making this flat out incredibly difficult for me. PISSED!

I won't recommend this company to anyone! As soon as I withdraw my tax return, I'm throwing away my card and filing a customer complaint. Never again Netspend!

We're over before we ever began.Good riddance.

Review about: Prepaid Card.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Netspend Prepaid Card
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Netspend?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #1332753

Can not pull up my transaction.Call on phone to complaint cost.

50 cent every time.

Why say go on line and get block out?Is that a trick to get our money?

Laconia, New Hampshire, United States #1295996

I had the same problem. My account is locked and they want me to send them a copy of my social security card and electric bill and I.d when I try to active my wu Netspend card this makes no since

Wow.I am reading everyone's complaint and I am having the same problem.

I put money on my card to pay my rent because where I live you have to pay by a debit or credit card or a cashier's check. I was in a hurry and bought a card on my way to work. I tried to activate it quick. I was disconnected three or four times Finally when I got on the line with someone the signal wasn't clear.

Finally I got a person by the time I was in the back room at work trying to get ready so I can activate this card to pay my rent. I get a representative on the line and they give me some song and dance about a lock on the card. I need documentation. I was so upset They offered to send a refund paper check back to me in 5 to 7 business days.

Meanwhile my rent is late. etc. I have to then call and make other arrangements. I was running late for work at this point screaming like a maniac at my job.

It's my money and if they cant let me use it to pay my bill then what good is this card. I will never ever buy that card again. They better send this check quick. I had to sign papers and everything to fix my rent situation.

I could not even understand why.The person was not from this country and I still don't understand the reason.

Help
to Anonymous #1293937

I am having the same problem where do I go to send documents to netspend they blocked my account

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States #1281901

I have the same problem they say they are going to send a paper check but there operator's do not understand english so now it wont be sent to the right address was really needing thos money and got screwed

How do i unlock my card

to Anonymous Houston, Texas, United States #1232875

How do i unlocked my bank atm netspend card.

Overland Park, Kansas, United States #1186769

I just recieved my card yesterday in the mail and I haven't loaded any money on it and I've never used it.For no apparent reason netspend locked my account while I was activating it.

There is absolutely no logical explanation for why my account was locked. Netspend is a scam. This company lies, cheats, and steals personal information and sells it to telemarketers.

I am relieved I noticed the dishonesty and fraud behind netspend before I did any business with them or else the consequences would have likely been worse.Double-dealing and theft is the name of the game at Netspend.

Same thing netspend sucks

The same thing I'm going through with this company it's a mess and I'm done so did you ever get your money. Their scam artist and something should be done about this.