Netspend is holding my fed. tax refund for ransom.
I used turbotax.com to file my taxes. During the process, they steered me towards a page that pretty much gave me only 2 options: either have the refund direct deposited (i couldnt do that because i didnt have my routing # available) or have it loaded onto a prepaid netspend debit card. i choose the prepaid card.
The card was received in the mail a week later. Turns out that, after i called the toll free # to activate, the netspend agent told me that in order to proceed, i had to fax them a copy of my SSN and proof of address(?!?). I told the agent that that sounded like B.S. system, so i told her to cancel my netspend acct and send me a check in the mail. She said i'd get it within 20 business days.
Well, over 30 days later and speaking to 4 more lying, incompetant agents (one of them hanged up on me, and the other one said that i should just check my mailbox once in a while), ....really???? i realize that those agents at that evil company have absolutely no intention of sending me a paper check. And the last agent, he said that my request for a paper check hasnt even been filed yet! And he asked me twice if i wanted to fax them my SSN and proof of address!!!!!
Im not wasting my time with netspend customer service anymore. I will look into hiring an atty and take their sorry lying *** to court.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "These Crooks can use a money figure & call it a "Debt Cancellation Fee" & when that backfires they call it a "Card Security Fee". They can tell you..."
- "Received text notifications for someone else's account. Wrote customer service and reported it and they were no help at all. They told me to reply with STOP to the text..."
- "I have been a Netspend customer since 2009 when I began receiving Social Security. Netspend declares terms & conditions that ONLY apply to the customer - they do not..."
- "i bought an item from them, and then waited and waited, but it never showed up. 4 weeks later, i went to their site and had to work to find the..."
- "I ordered my son a paw patrol play set on black Friday and have still not received it here it is a week before Christmas and there telling me they..."
- "The beaters were ordered on 11/28/13 delivered on 12/10/13 the third time in use in late Jauary 2014 beating cookie dough, the beater tines came out of the stem. ..."
- "The picture says it all. I live in Baltimore. What is it even doing in NJ now? It had an expected delivery date of Feb. 6th. It isn't crazy important,..."
- "I received Valentine flowers today from Proflowers. They're rotten and wilted with a huge bug in the box it's very disappointing. My husband ordered roses and we got..."
- "Horrible return Policy and customer service. I apparently made my purchase 3 and 4 days before their holiday return policy started. Honestly I was unaware of it in the first..."