i have a netspend card and now the system is down

review #162901

i was trying to use my card and i have money on it but now it says transaction can not be made.

tried to call and it is down tried online and system down does anyone know how i can get my money or find out what the *** is going on.

i have also tried to call the office in Texas and says system down.

wtf is going on i have tried every thing and nothing is working cant use MY money that is on the card and am very very pissed off with the company. need my cash i guess if this doesn't clear up there may be many cases of a lawsuit coming up quick for this company.

96f2140
Had an experience with Netspend?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
pissed at netspend

Sep 25, 2013 Lawrenceville, Georgia

I usually get my direct deposit at the same time every pay period. Its almost seven and its still not there. There incompetent staff says the same thing but I know the problem is with them. I saw my checkstub so it should be there. Im so pissed. :cry

moemoe

Sep 25, 2013

aha kill switch your still cute tho :)

Kill switch

Sep 25, 2013

I went for a *** enlargement surgery the doc cut my *** off and found out that my card didn't clear so he stopes surgery and left my *** off now I only have half of a *** so let's blame it all on netspend and cry like a lil b i t c h :cry

pissed off mark

Aug 07, 2012

They don't have a working phone line and the *** answering service is not there. I filled a formal complaint with the State of Texas (Austin) of this conserning ongoing problem.
Yes there should be a class law suit.
I will look for an alternate card aond get out of this train wreck...

retaluv

Feb 01, 2012

okay so im trying to get in touch with netspend..and ive been on hold for 10 mins..the web site is down..i dont know what to do

Jenna

Apr 08, 2011

well i can see by all the comments this happens a lot i have had a net spend card for almost four years this just happed to me last week took 5 hours for there systems to come back up nw just last night my son is 6years old and has autism i needed somethings for him but my card would not work and could not get a hold of anyone i think this is bs it took almost the whole night for there systems to come back up they should have to answer there phones alest

Sean

Jan 29, 2010

It doesn't cost them anything! When the system is down they make plenty of money because people have to call in for their balances. They charge a fee when you call with an inquiry so it's good business for the site to go down. And no, there's not an excuse for it. Mission critical networks don't go down. EVER! Hospitals and banks across the globe manage this all day every day. I'm closing my account. I've had it!

Tim

Dec 12, 2009

My family lives out of town and we wanted to rent a car on Thanksgiving since our car recently had been having problems. I called Enterprise rental car company because they offered to pick us up and take us into the office to rent a vehicle. It was already a hassle with all of their pprwrk and processing. I thought however, that we were finally ready to go and gave them my Netspend card for payment, to which my check was deposited that morning. Imagine my surprise when the card was declined! I asked them to run it again, and apparently they have to wait 24hrs before using the same card! I find out that Netspend's system was down and because of this, I had no way to drive home for Thanksgiving. I have appreciated Netspend to this point, but it always seems to go down at the most inconvenient times. I even had to walk back home from Enterprise, what a horrible experience.

Not All Bad

Dec 01, 2009

Their system was down for only a few hours. This can happen with any company and I am sure you have all had this happen in some way or another. I was glad that they worked promptly to get the system back up because I am sure there were not that many people working on Thanksgiving Eve. I am happy with NetSpend and have not had any problems before this.

ANK

Nov 30, 2009

I JUST RETURNED AN ITEM THE I HAD BOUGHT AND IT WAS REFUNDED INTO MY CARD, AT FIRST THE REGISTER WAS SAYING ERROR BUT THE CASHIER SAID THE MAYBE WAS HER REGISTER AND NOW I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPEND EXACTLY. DID THE $$ GO BACK TO MY CARD OR ITS ON THE AIR

Angry!!!

Nov 30, 2009

After going through it with them this whole year (never sent personalized card, TOOK money out of my account), I've had it! I JUST recieved my personalized card today, after almost a whole year! They returned the money to my account, but now I can't even activate my card to get it. Their whole business policy is built around giving you no options to contest.

shawn

Nov 30, 2009

i been tryin to access the account im waiting on my direct deposit its telling me the systems down wtf its my money i want it im sure ill go through *** if this problems not resolved i think we should be paid for the issue but ofcourse nothing happends to *** like this its our fault for trusting this ***

another upset customer

Nov 25, 2009

I was at at retailer getting ready to make a purchase and my card would not go through. Thinking it was an error, I went to an ATM, my card would not go through either, I called the company same experience as Pissed...I could not get through to anyone, just got disconnected. Tried to access my account via the web and its like Netspend disappeared off the face of the planet. What is going on...I can't access my funds and cant talk to anyone! HELP

mswide

Nov 25, 2009

I just came from the nail shop and couldnt pay for the service!!! how do you think that felt!! WTF but shame on me because i ve had this card for years and this happened last year too!didnt think it would happen again!It may be tomorrow before our cards are working again.

Rod

Nov 25, 2009

This is crazy...I accessed my Netspend acct online around 8:30pm eastern time and transferred money onto my card for my vacation and now i am @ the hotel where I had a reservation and cannot get a room because my card isnt working....I cannot get anyone on the phone just a lame *** automated msg and the website is down also...Netspend is surely going to compensate me for ruining my Thanksgiving vacation. I never had any porblems with them before and this card is only for recerational use. They need to correct the problem or at least tell its customers whats really going on!!!

trackfan

Nov 25, 2009

down here too, wondering how much it cost them per minute of downtime. it sure makes a lot of customers mad.

nate

Nov 25, 2009

im having the same problem at the moment i went to go get gas and it kept telling me my card was not going through after my paycheck was deposited for little over 2300.00 and when i tried to call all they said was that the system was down and hungup on me so i went online and the website is down WTF. All i know is that if this ruins my holliday weekend thers gonna be problems.

PISSED

Nov 25, 2009

I JUST TRIED TO USE MINE TOO AND COULDN'T ACCESS MY FUNDS. I TRIED TO USE THE ATM, CONTACT THE COMPANY AND COULDN'T GET THROUGH. THE ATM MACHINE SAID THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION WAS UNAVAILABLE. I AM PISSED OFF TOO!!!1

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Netspend.
Filing a new complaint about
×